Title: Land Agent
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: Manager, Land Services
Canada West Land Services Ltd. (CWL) Northern Alberta’s Operations are growing and we require a motivated Field Land Agent to act as our company representative and assist with our continued growth in Calgary and Northern Alberta and BC. We are seeking a motivated Land Agent who is ready to gain mentorship, valuable work experience, and become part of a vastly diverse team.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications Include:
- Experience with landowners, acquisition, consultation and oil and gas industry would be considered an asset
- Understanding of applicable guides, acts and regulations
- Understanding of typical land/regulatory processes and procedures
- Able to communicate timely, clearly and concisely, by phone, in person and email
- Able to manage tight deadlines and time constraints
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative and have exceptional strong work ethic
- Demonstrate solid critical thinking skills and effective problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organization and highly detail oriented individual
- Proactive, action oriented individual
- Some Travel Required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in land or related field, with experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry (Environmental, Government or other) would be considered an asset.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as CWL’s area representative, liaise with clients visiting their project areas
- Acquire various types of surface land agreements with landowners and project stakeholders
- Ensure delivery of projects to clients and the CWL team in a timely fashion while being conducted in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, ethics, standards and corporate operating principles
- Accountable for the integrity of the process and quality of the product that is produced by the division
- Responsible for meeting targets and managing resources
What CWL Offers:
- Competitive salary
- Employer-paid Comprehensive Extended Health & Dental benefits
- Health & Wellness Spending Accounts
- Start off with 3 weeks’ vacation per year
- Paid sick days
- Flex and Loyalty Days
- Free onsite parking
- Frequent team-building events
- Fun office culture and upbeat environment
- Vacation carry-over provision
*Please note proof of vaccination may be required, please be prepared to disclose this information in the event you are selected as a successful candidate or during the interview process.
Why Canada West Land Services?
We are a positive, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs, and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Team.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our
dynamic team, please submit your resume
We would like to thank everyone who submits their resume in advance.
Please note that we will only be contacting those whom we wish to interview.