Title: Land Analyst
Location: Kamloops, BC (Work from home)
Direct Report: Project Manager
Canada West Land Services is looking for a driven, adaptable and fun individual in the Kamloops area to support our operations remotely. We are looking for individuals who love an everyday challenge and can juggle multiple tasks while still possessing leadership within a great team. The Land Analyst will be accountable to the Project Manager for error free, quality-controlled land administration. This is a remote position that will allow the successful individual to work from the comfort of their own home.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to;
Maintain project timeframes, objectives and communication
- Effective communication and task acknowledgement
- Submit, track, and follow up on third party requests
- Time entries for tasks are detailed and completed in a timely manner following CWL guidelines
Create and manage documentation and reports
- Analyze all documents associated with a task prior to starting and identify any areas you require additional assistance
- Preparation of documents (TWS, ROW etc.)
- Land title document preparation, submission, and registration
- Final package preparation and self-audit Accurate third party request letter generation – this includes correct file / project numbers and formatting
- All documents provided for audit (including Excel worksheets) are formatted for printing
- Know how to use AbaData, iMap, ILRR, BC Water Tool Reporting
- Consistent and accurate data entry
- Input of third party into data system
- Formatting reporting and line list to show a professional and consistent product
- Completion of check list for task
- Following the CWL naming convention or Client’s if the project requires
Verify data and information and analyze it to suit the direction of a project
- Search and review freehold (BC, Alberta) and crown ownership and associated interests, Corp Search
- Survey plan and title review for document generation
- Crossing/Construction plan review including verifying areas / acreage and ensuring that area table information is correct and consistent with map labels
- Identification of required third party requests
- Consistent follow up and documentation of project needs
- Review of third party agreement for accuracy (correct legal location, agreement type, etc.)
- Investigate possible solutions with prior examples, notes, reviewing regulations online, etc. prior to reaching out to the Lead Land Analyst for answers
- Completion of check list for task
Maintain knowledge of current legislation
- Understanding of regulatory consultation and notification requirements
- Ability to problem solve and research solutions on legislative requirement
- 3+ years of experience working on BC Surface Land projects, preference given to candidate with experience working in a broker environment
- Post-secondary education in land administration or relevant experience
- Must have experience or training in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other standard computer applications (proficiency with Microsoft Office is an asset)
- Proficiency using land system software
- A strong understanding of British Columbia regulatory processes and Consultation and Notification requirements
- Experience in oil and gas, forestry, municipal/government administration or small business management
- Extensive experience working with survey/construction plans, maps and legal land descriptions
- Commitment to a high standard of work and care for client satisfaction
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, industry, other stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal and organizational skills
*Please note proof of vaccination may be required, please be prepared to disclose this information in the event you are selected as a successful candidate or during the interview process.
Why Canada West Land Services?
We are a positive, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable. Team.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please submit your resume.
We would like to thank everyone who submits their resume in advance.
Please note that we will only be contacting those whom we wish to interview.