Title: Land Agent
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Direct Report: Manager, Land Services
Canada West Land Services Ltd. (CWL) has recently secured a new project with one of our clients that will provide over 4 years of guaranteed work in and around the Alberta Deep Basin and Peace River area. The client is a Canadian crude oil and natural gas exploration and production company that is focused on long-term growth through their aggressive exploration, development, production, and acquisition program in Western Canada. We are looking for a Grande Prairie based Land Agent to join our team and to be part of this exciting project. The role will also require additional support for work in Northeast British Columbia. The successful candidate must be a motivated individual who is ready to receive mentorship, valuable work experience, and become part of a vastly diverse team. This role may require regular travel and has the flexibility to be a permanent or contract position.
Unique to this role:
While we are seeking a candidate located in the Grande Prairie area, we would consider covering the relocation costs for a suitable candidate outside of this area. Additionally, a signing or retention bonus may be available. For a candidate looking to travel between their home base and Grande Prairie, we ensure comfortable accommodations. Our organization leverages semi-permanent housing options for ease of travel for our teammates.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in land or related field, with experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry (Environmental, Government or other).
- Currently holding a permanent or interim land agents license would be considered an asset.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct rental reviews and general stakeholder engagement for settling damages or addressing concerns as required
- Have a general understanding of Oil & Gas Regulations and Energy projects
- Communication with stakeholders regarding projects
- Negotiations with stakeholders
- Attend daily meetings with Construction personnel, as required
Acquisition and Consultation
- Execute completed acquisition documents
- Negotiate various types of land acquisition agreements with private landowners and special interest groups
- Audit acquisition documents
- Understand applicable guides, acts and regulations
- Communicate timely, clearly and concisely, by phone, in person and email
- Accountable for daily time and accurate reporting to supervisor
- Assist other disciplines with any ongoing field work
- Continuous and effective communication with client inside and outside land
- Communicate field successes and deficiencies to Project/Client Manager
- Document stakeholder concerns and escalate, as needed
- Perform work with minimal supervision
- Conduct multiple tasks in an organized manner, balance workload priorities, and report progress to Project Manager
- Maintain a professional appearance and relationship with landowners and stakeholders, while representing CWL or the client
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Review and understand legal agreements while exercising attention to detail through auditing
- Maintain notes and reporting for all activities including use of land systems, such as Focus and Workhub
- Enter complete CWL timesheet entries daily
- Attend monthly CWL safety meetings
- Communicate reporting issues and escalate to Project Managers when necessary
What CWL Offers:
- Safe Environment - We are committed to safety, which is why it is at the forefront of our business. Together, we work to safely and reliably serve our clients and ensure a safe work environment for our people.
- Short-Term Incentive Compensation – We strive to provide transparency to our teammates and created an initiative to give them just that. The Corporate and Incentive Compensation program is based on both CWL’s corporate performance and teammates individual performance. This bonus is distributed annually.
- Flex Time & Loyalty Days – Our teammates are the pulse of our company, and we provide them with Flex Time and Loyalty Days, on top of paid vacation. This provides them with the ability to have flexible working hours and to be rewarded for years of service to our organization.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits and Spending Accounts – We provide our teammates with employer-paid benefits, as well as access to Health & Wellness spending accounts, that help them live their best and healthiest lives.
- Community Investment Initiatives – Giving back to the communities we operate in is big for us. As an organization, we work hard to get involved in various initiatives and provide our teammates with multiple opportunities to get involved each year.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off with a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year
- In-house professional development
- Free onsite parking
- A fun and friendly culture with a strong emphasis on teambuilding initiatives
Why Canada West Land Services?
We are an experienced, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions. Building meaningful relationships is at the forefront of our organization, and we demonstrate this through our actions. We strive to encourage, develop, and support our people so that they can grow and succeed, both as individuals and teammates. Our decades of success wouldn’t be possible without our teammates, who are our biggest asset.
Adaptable. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Team.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our
dynamic team, please submit your resume.
We would like to thank everyone who submits their resume in advance.
Please note, we will only be contacting those whom we wish to interview.