Title: Manager, Alberta Operations
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Direct Report: Vice President
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated individual, experienced in leading a growing team of professionals, to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will be the primary internal and external point of contact for the management of client portfolio(s) including, but not limited to: all environmental application requirements, front-end environmental assessments, environmental construction supervision, environmental monitoring required to support a project from conception through to construction and managing remediation and reclamation programs and projects. With contracts in different markets and geographic areas, there’s no limit to what you’ll work on at H3M and you’ll tackle new challenges all the time.
H3M Core Values
We strive to help our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth and provides continuous opportunities for development. Exemplifying and being an advocate for our core values, Fun, Reliable, Authentic, Accountable, and Adaptable, will be a requirement.
Role and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- help achieve H3M’s environmental goals by implementing environmental policy, corporate strategic plans and environmental management processes into H3M’s business processes;
- develop and support environmental continual improvement programs and projects that help achieve H3M environmental goals;
- research and understand emerging issues, technologies and trends in environmental and oil and gas industries that may impact H3M’s environmental strategic direction, performance or environmental regulatory compliance;
- advise management of strategic external and internal environmental issues and options for addressing environmental issues and achieving continual improvement of environmental performance;
- work with the team to develop and execute Business Development and Marketing strategies and initiatives;
- manage and coordinate projects and project teams in AB, including budget and schedule management, client liaison, technical leadership, etc.;
- participate in regulatory, industry and stakeholder groups as required;
- coordinate the preparation of high quality scientific and technical reports, including permits and regulatory requirements;
- manage direct reports and manage daily scheduling; and
- mentor and train junior employees and collaboratively support, work in conjunction with, and advise our various practices.
- Direct and supervise management, individual contributors, and employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with H3M’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include:
- interviewing, hiring and training employees;
- planning, assigning reviewing and directing work;
- evaluating and appraising performance;
- rewarding and disciplining employees; and
- addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- University degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, environmental engineering, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science);
- 10+ years of environmental experience within the upstream oil and gas industry;
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience, providing environmental leadership that encompasses these areas:
- Business Development;
- best practices used in industry to manage the environmental performance, aspects, risks and opportunities to a team;
- effective leadership skills (leading by example, mentorship, collaboration, etc.) and project management skills (tracking scope, budget, schedule, QA/QC);
- a strong understating of regulatory framework and the oil and gas industry; and
member or eligibility for a membership with an environmentally related professional association (eg. P.Ag, ASct, R.P.F, R.P.Bio, P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Chem, etc.) would be beneficial.
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates. Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable. These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit an application today.