Title: Project Manager
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: VP Environmental
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated and experienced Environmental Project Manager in British Columbia to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will be responsible as the primary internal and external point of contact for the management of client portfolio(s) including, but not limited to: BC OGC, and other regulatory bodies, environmental application requirements, front-end environmental assessments, environmental construction supervision, environmental monitoring required to support a project from conception through to construction, managing remediation and reclamation programs and projects.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review individual projects and develop the framework including, but not limited to the scope of the project, resources necessary to execute the project, anticipated timeline and financial requirements, strategy for communication among relative stakeholders, plan for execution and documentation, and, if necessary, develop a proposal for follow-up and maintenance.
- Define project scope, schedule and budget and identify associated risks and constraints and develop a plan to manage those risks and constraints.
- Assign tasks, set milestones and targets, provide necessary resources, and meet regularly with project team.
- Continuously and effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Direct and manage project work with the intention to avoid or resolve derailments and communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders to maintain scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manage project information and execute verbal and written status reports to applicable stakeholders.
- Execute risk management and contingency planning to continue progress of the project.
- Manage the project team (i.e., field crews, office staff, subject matter experts, etc.) as they relate to the project.
- Perform change management and monitor and manage project funds when necessary.
- Execute quality assurance and quality control.
- Ensure all project requirements have been met and ensure clients are satisfied with the results of the project.
- Review lessons learned with the project team.
- Participate in regulatory, industry and stakeholder groups as required.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations.
Qualifications and skill:
Experience and Education
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma relevant to project management or environmental sciences.
- 5-10 years’ experience related to project management in the environmental consulting or upstream oil and gas industry.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with using the PMI approach to project management.
- Holds or has the experience and educational eligibility to apply for PMP designation.
- Broad knowledge and experience with the upstream oil and a gas industry and environmental regulatory requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable and skilled in managing project scope, budget, schedule, and QA/QC.
- Ability to interact productively and professionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders within a complex interdisciplinary environment including managers, field staff, subject matter experts and office administrators.
- Ability and motivation to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Effective facilitation and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Effective leadership skills (leading by example, collaboration, etc.)
- Natural mentorship capacity both in coaching and transferring expertise to the team.
- Effectively build and maintains a strong network and relationship at all levels.
- Proactive, action-oriented individual.
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates. Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable. These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply today.