Title: Lead Land Analyst
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Direct Report: Manager, Land Coordination
Canada West Land is a comprehensive land management company focused on building meaningful relationships with Stakeholders and Indigenous Communities for all development projects. We provide land solutions and public consultation services to a variety of clients, across multiple industries. Our history spans over 40-years and is a testament to our understanding, diligence, and reliability in providing unequaled service.
Canada West Land has an opportunity for a fun, authentic, and reliable Lead Land Analyst to join our team. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys variety in their daily work and possesses leadership qualities within a dynamic team. The Lead Land Analyst will be accountable to the Manager, Land Coordination for error free, quality-controlled land administration.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for Quality Control in administrative work including but not limited to sign off on pre-audit and final audit of packages provided to the client
- Report compliance deficiencies and report actions taken outside of normal CWLS processes
- Daily communication with Project Manager, Analysts and Land Agents to discuss client and team priorities
- Prioritize administrative workload as required with Project Manager and administrative team
- Communicate directly with Client as per the Accountability tracker
- Report timeline difficulties prior to deadline to the Project Manger
- Daily update and weekly review of status reports with client team and ensure they are current
- Accountable for the accuracy of status reports
- Identify any agent or acquisition concerns to the Project Manager
- Approve Land Analysts time weekly and time off requests as needed
- Review of invoices with Project Manager and advise on administrative time charges
- Report workload statistics when required
- Continuously re-evaluate client processes and communicate areas for improvement
- Work closely with fellow Land Analysts, Lead Land Analysts, Project Managers, Land Agent(s) and the Director of Operations to complete assigned projects within tight deadlines
- Provide feedback to Project Managers for land administration performance reviews
- Coverage and overflow to other Lead Analysts as required
- Responsible for the professional development of all direct reports
Experience and Education
- 7+ years of experience working on AB Surface Land projects, preference given to candidate with experience working in a broker environment
- Post-secondary education in land administration or relevant combination of education and experience will be considered
- Extensive experience working with survey/construction plans, Large pipe projects, maps and legal land descriptions
- Experience in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other standard computer applications (proficiency with Microsoft Office is an asset)
- Proficiency using land system software
- Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A strong understanding of Alberta and British Columbia regulatory processes and Consultation and Notification requirements
- Preference given to candidate with experience working in British Columbia
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities mentoring, auditing, and supporting Jr. analysts
- Creating collaborative environments through working in partnership: Building mutual support and understanding with project teams
- Keeping teammates performance on track, anticipating obstacles, building ownership and accountability
- Building capability to drive exceptional performance: Coaching & sharing own knowledge and experience to help people and team development
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, industry, other stakeholders
- Commitment to a high standard of work and care for client satisfaction
Why Canada West Land Services?
We are a positive, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply today. Follow Us on social media for the latest updates and news.