Title: Business Analyst
Location: Calgary, AB
Direct Report: VP Business Strategy
Operating across Western Canada, H3M Environmental supports several sectors including energy, utilities, forestry, municipal, Indigenous, and commercial real estate. Our full-service offerings expand across project inception and planning, construction, post-construction reclamation, through to operations, decommissioning, remediation and closure. We take a pragmatic approach to solutions that advance sustainable project development by integrating environmental stewardship, social equity, and economic considerations into our practice.
H3M is seeking an experienced and motivated Business Analyst to support our growth objectives in Western Canada. Reporting to the VP Business Strategy this role will be responsible for working across functional teams to identify business opportunities, assess capabilities and needs, optimize processes, facilitate effective change management, and evaluate results. The successful candidate will bring a passion for innovation, continuous improvement, and client-focused results.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support Business Development market research, strategic planning, KPI monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare and interpret financial and operational performance metrics and presents adaptive management strategies, where necessary.
- Support the integration of business management processes and systems into operations.
- Ensure solutions are aligned to industry best practices and standards, are leveraged across the enterprise, and meet financial targets.
- Plan and facilitate strategic planning workshops and business meetings.
- Oversee, plan, and coordinate analysis of highly complex business processes and executive information needs to enable the business to function more effectively.
- Define the set of strategic, core, and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries.
- Evaluate client needs and operational practices to identify opportunities for process improvement or re-engineering.
- Plans, prioritizes, and manage process improvement projects across multi-disciplinary teams.
Experience and Education
- Post-Secondary degree in Business, Environmental Science, or a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of progressive relevant experience, with proven knowledge and experience in continuous improvement methodologies and process development for the efficient delivery of environmental services, preferably in the energy sector
- Demonstrated experience with leading process development, improvement and sustainment work.
- Proven experience facilitating business requirements gathering and leading improvement initiatives to successful implementation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills with solid business and financial acumen, familiarity with economic analysis of alternatives and selection of premium opportunities.
- Exercises independent judgment in selection and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods and resolving difficulties.
- Makes decisions and recommendations having both short- and long-term impact on the business.
- Intermediate to advanced experience and proficiency with various business software applications (Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Visio, Power BI, OpenAir, NetSuite)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to interact productively and professionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and clients within a complex interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Proactive, action-oriented individual.
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team. Please apply to our job board: https://cardongroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Follow Us on social media for the latest updates and news.
H3M values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.