Title: Intermediate Environmental Professional
Department: Reclamation and Remediation
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: Manager, Reclamation and Remediation
Operating across Western Canada, H3M Environmental provides field and permitting services that balance costs and risks to meet regulatory requirements, while bridging the gap between environmental stewardship and project development. As a full-scale and diversified service provider, H3M supports multiple energy sectors, commercial real estate, forestry, municipalities and utilities. We support pre-construction, construction, and post-construction requirements of projects, managing our client’s assets from inception through to their retirement and reclamation. Taking a pragmatic approach to balancing land stewardship, project development, and economic sustainability.
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated and experienced Environmental Professional in British Columbia to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will be responsible as the primary internal and external point of contact for the management of client portfolio(s) including, but not limited to: BC OGC, and other regulatory bodies, environmental application requirements, front-end environmental assessments, environmental construction supervision, environmental monitoring required to support a project from conception through to construction, managing remediation and reclamation programs and projects.
This position is primarily field-based with an associated office component for data processing and reporting.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead various environmental assessments including, but not limited to:
- Stage I and II Contaminated Site Assessment
- Supervise remediation of contaminated sites
- Installation and monitoring of groundwater monitoring wells
- Spill Response
- In-situ and ex-situ soil sampling and characterization
- Monitor and sample groundwater monitoring wells, as required
- Pre and Post Construction Site Assessments
- Stream and wetland classification
- Avian and Wildlife Sweeps
- Coordinate reclamation/remediation projects in BC, including developing work plans, budget and schedule management, technical leadership and ensure project quality
- Lead and execute various remediation and reclamation work, including Stage I and II Preliminary Site Investigation’s, remediation, and reclamation supervision etc.
- Prepare quality scientific and technical reports, including Stage I and II reports, remediation, and reclamation plans, pre and post construction reporting, mitigation plans, etc.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations
- Participate in regulatory, industry and stakeholder groups as required
- Managing projects, including budget and schedule management, client liaison, technical leadership, and operations teams
- Management of junior staff, equipment, supplies and other resources
- Partaking in business development, including developing and managing client relationships, and proposal writing
- Collaboratively support, work in conjunction with, and advise our various practices by successfully integrating environmental components and finding balanced solutions for a wide range of projects
- Directing environmental assessments, regulatory approval processes, environmental monitoring, and scientific and planning studies
- University degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline (e.g. environmental science, environmental engineering, geography, earth science, biology, or soil/reclamation science)
- 5-10 years of experience within the oil and gas industry. Experience within British Columbia and Alberta would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills and strong independence in scheduling, prioritizing, and completing work tasks
- Strong ability to conduct field assessments and collect/manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and ability to produce professional deliverables on time and on budget
- Ability to coordinate project planning, logistics, and preparation for field work
- Ability to make complex decisions with consideration of appropriate inputs
- Verbal and written communication skills, technical report writing skills
- Valid Driver License
- Member or eligible for membership with an environmentally related professional association
(e.g. P. Ag, AScT, R.P.F, R.P.Bio, P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Chem, etc.) would be beneficial
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team please apply today!
H3M values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.