Title: Project Controls Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The Project Controls Manager role is an embedded resource reporting to the finance department. It will play a vital role in the internal workings of projects and financial forecasting to help support Cardon Group Inc. processes. This person will understand the scope of the project, adhere to the project financials processes, and observe the client’s project controls processes. The successful candidate will possess a competent understanding of Project Management fundamentals and have a firm understanding of the relationship between project scope, cost, and schedule. The Project Controls Manager role will be an action-oriented, proactive and dedicated individual looking to excel within Cardon Group. The successful candidate will also be accountable for the following:
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to;
- Ensuring the PM develops accurate baseline project scope, resources, budgets and then assists by monitoring actual and forecasted progress
- Critically analyze existing project controls procedures and standard practices to provide suggestions for improvement
- Lead in translating data into business intelligence that can be acted upon by utilizing OpenAir & Power BI
- Intelligence that also identifies cost savings or efficiency opportunities
- Develop project KPIs and generate regular reports (schedule, cost, progress)
- Conduct regular project progress review meetings to update schedules and identify key activities (critical path) required to meet deadlines
- Define processes and templates to organize project information (financial, scope, risk, performance, quality) and analyze regular reports and audits
- Assist in the development of the Project Management strategy for corporate and operations teams
- Educate Operations team and identify gaps in deliverables and knowledge
- Provide input into revenue and volume forecasts relating to asset management
- Ensure that the PM’s follow the defined processes for Change Management and ensure they are properly estimated and agreed prior to implementation
- Client support, all levels
- Collaboration with all internal and external partners to ensure the project reporting expectations are clearly defined and understood
- Provide mentorship to Jr. Project Analyst teammates
Qualifications and skills:
- Degree in business related field of study with 10+ years of relevant work experience
- PMP certification is favourable
- Ability to work in teams and generate a spirit of collaboration while coordinating diverse activities and groups; people management and negotiating skills within a team environment.
- Proven financial, modelling and analytical skills would be considered an asset
- Attention to detail with well-established documentation practices
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with multiple high priority assignments
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and recommendations
- Can exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be proactive and work without direct supervision
- Advanced working knowledge of Oracle OpenAir and Microsoft Power BI is highly desirable.
Critical leadership competencies for this role include:
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with ability to mentor and coach staff
- Creating collaborative environments through working in partnership: Building mutual support and understanding with project teams
- Achieving results through others: Keeping teammates performance on track, anticipating obstacles, building ownership and accountability
- Building capability to drive exceptional performance: Coaching & sharing own knowledge and experience to help people and team development
Why Cardon Group of Companies?
We are a positive, culture driven people services group providing quality solutions to multiple industries through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.