Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Direct Report: Manager, IT
The candidate will be responsible for GIS program support, including: needs analysis for GIS projects, requirements definition, geospatial analysis and modeling for linear and surface infrastructure, database design and maintenance, cartographic products, representing the customer GIS program. The candidate should be experienced with ESRI desktop and web-based products, to include ArcGIS Desktop, ESRI extensions, ArcGIS Online.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assembles, prepares, and analyzes data for studies, project and program management, statistical models, evaluations, communication products, and related duties.
- Uses analytical discretion within defined practices and policies recommend methods and techniques for determining data collection and analytical approaches.
- Works with senior staff and project managers to analyze and interpret the results of the data.
- Provides input and/or develops draft technical report or presentation with the results of the analysis.
- Provides mapping support to display operational project statuses.
- Manages and maintains geospatial data within a client focused web map application.
- Manages and maintains current datasets from a variety of government, industry and subscription sources.
- Develops project plans and assists with tracking and analyzing budgets.
- Assembles, prepares and analyzes data to perform functional tasks.
- Supports the bidding process by analyzing and summarizing key data points for proposed projects.
- Supports the Business Development team by providing summaries of projects completed within a geographic region.
- Bachelor Degree or Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary technical institution, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on Geospatial industry experience
- Experience working with AutoCAD or equivalent would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS software suite
- Knowledge of DLS and NTS land survey systems
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas industry practice and terminology of upstream, Midstream and Downstream sectors
- Intermediate to senior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and command of the English language
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level organizational and time-management skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proven ability to take initiative, be a self-starter and be a quick learner
Why CARDON GROUP?We are a positive, culture driven organization providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team. Please apply to our job board: https://cardongroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Cardon Group values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.