Title: Health and Safety Coordinator
Location: Calgary, Alberta
We are searching for a Health and Safety Coordinator based out of our Calgary Office. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work within a fast-paced environment and passionate about keeping the H3M team safe. Having a proven network and track record in the safety industry will be a key asset. Only candidates with a background in safety, and a comprehensive understanding of the functions of both internal and external safety programs will be considered.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and maintains proper record keeping, working with the various business units to stay compliant and current in the safety mandated processes. This will include: WorkHub (SafetySync.), ISN, ComplyWorks, Avetta, WCB, WorkSafe BC, Field Safe and specifically COR
- Coach, instruct, and train project personnel on the implementation and adherence to the H3M Health & Safety Management System, industry best practices, OHS standards and provincial legislation
- Coordinate and lead monthly safety meetings to ensure all H3M staff is current and aware of any changes to safety policies, practices, procedures, etc. and introduce any new information.
- Conduct safety audits including inspection of work sites, facilities, equipment, work practices, safety devices to ensure workplace safety standard compliance, and report in a timely and accurate manner to business unit managers
- Provide recommendations for any changes that will promote a safer work environment, and monitor and assess potential hazards
- Monitor and manage equipment maintenance and inspections to ensure all equipment is in proper working order
- Execute safety process and coordination of training, onboarding, and education of employees
- Assist with incident investigations and/or incidents of injury or property damage and ensures compliance with applicable provincial OHS Legislation and COR
- File administration and maintenance
Required Qualifications along with desired skills and attributes for success:
- 3-5 years Experience working in a Health & Safety role would be considered an asset
- Experience utilizing WokHub (SafetySync.) would be considered an asset
- Excellent attitude to promote safety and encourage staff participation
- Working knowledge of compliance processes. Preference will be given to candidates who have maintained and monitored on-line safety programs
- Experience working within the oil and gas industry would be considered an asset
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Experience presenting/public speaking
- Ability to represent the company in a professional and ethical manner at all times
- Ability and willingness to travel (25%)
- Effective communication and influencing skills at all levels from operational level employees to senior leadership
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable. These are our core values. H3M values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply to our job board: https://cardongroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/