Title: Senior GIS Specialist
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Direct Report: Manager, GIS
The candidate will be responsible for GIS program support, including: needs analysis for GIS projects, requirements definition, geospatial analysis and modeling for linear and surface infrastructure, database design and maintenance, cartographic products, representing the customer GIS program. The candidate should be experienced with ESRI desktop and web-based products, to include ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, ESRI extensions, and ArcGIS Online. Expert FME skills and Python programming is a must.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assembles, prepares, and analyzes data for studies, project and program management, statistical models, evaluations, communication products, and related duties.
- Uses analytical discretion within defined practices and policies recommend methods and techniques for determining data collection and analytical approaches.
- Works with project managers to analyze and interpret the results of the data.
- Provides input and/or develops draft technical report or presentation with the results of the analysis.
- Manages and maintains geospatial data within a client focused web map application.
- Manages and maintains current datasets from a variety of government, industry and subscription sources.
- Develops project plans and assists with tracking and analyzing budgets. Assist with preparing proposals for bids.
- Assembles, prepares and analyzes data to perform functional tasks.
- Supports the bidding process by analyzing and summarizing key data points for proposed projects.
- Supports the Business Development team by providing summaries of projects completed within a geographic region.
- Bachelor Degree or Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary technical institution, or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of dynamic Geospatial industry experience
- Expert knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS software suite
- Expert knowledge creating and editing complex FME Workbenches
- Expert knowledge of Python programming
- Knowledge of DLS and NTS land survey systems
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas industry practice and terminology of upstream, Midstream and Downstream sectors
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and command of the English language
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level organizational and time-management skills
- High attention to detail and ability to create automated QA/QC procedures
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong leadership skills within a fast-paced consulting environment
- Proven ability to take initiative, be a self-starter and be a quick learner
*Please note proof of vaccination may be required, please be prepared to disclose this information in the event you are selected as a successful candidate or during the interview process.
Why CARDON GROUP?
We are a positive, culture driven organization providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team. Please apply to our job board: https://cardongroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Cardon Group values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.