Title: Intermediate Environmental Professional
Location: Calgary, Alberta
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking an Intermediate Environmental Professional with a diverse skill set and experience in environmental site assessments (ESA), remediation and reclamation projects to support all phases of the project management life cycle. The successful candidate will champion and promote H3M’s initiatives and play a critical role in the execution of all aspects of the project safely and efficiently, while delivering cost-effective solutions that exceed our client’s expectations.
Role and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate field programs and provide support and mentorship to onsite field personnel.
- Conduct Phase 1 ESAs and associated reporting.
- Develop Phase 2 ESA and site remediation programs for abandoned sites and spills.
- Plan and conduct Phase 2 ESAs, including:
- drilling and soil sampling activities
- conducting groundwater monitoring and sampling programs
- interpreting analytical laboratory results
- analyzing and interpreting collected environmental data and writing technical reports
- project status reporting, contractor management and cost tracking
- Supervise remedial excavations including associated soil sampling.
- Prepare a variety of environmental reports for Phase 1 and 2 ESAs, site remediation and spills.
- Develop reclamation plans, conduct Detailed Site Assessments for reclaimed sites, and prepare or review Reclamation Certificate applications.
- Coordinate and complete vegetation management activities.
- Plan and complete reclamation activities.
- Reclamation Application and OneStop processes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Travel to project locations may be required at times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or other relevant environmental program.
- A minimum 5-year experience in managing assessment, remediation, reclamation, and monitoring projects, preferably within a consulting environment.
- Registration or eligibility for registration with a professional association (AIA, APEGA, ASPB or equivalent)
- Experience with environmental site assessments, soil sampling, groundwater monitoring, site remediation and reclamation.
- Strong understanding of reclamation and remediation guidelines in Western Canada (AB, BC, SK).
- Experience with a variety of remedial techniques including excavation, in-situ treatment, and risk assessment
- Experience with alternative remediation and risk assessment strategies would be considered an asset.
- Experience completing Site Specific Liability Assessments would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, plan, schedule and coordinate various activities relating to projects and proposal submissions
- Possess strong interpersonal and technical writing skills and be able to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and independently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Current industry safety tickets a plus (First Aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance)
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver's License (unrestricted)
*Please note proof of vaccination may be required, please be prepared to disclose this information in the event you are selected as a successful candidate or during the interview process.
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates. Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable. These are our core values. H3M values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team, please apply to our job board: https://cardongroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/